The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Programme
Nottingham City has its own Duke of Edinburgh’s license, coordinated by the Sport, Outdoor Learning and Adventure Team, which allows us to run a full programme on behalf of schools and youth groups. We want to encourage all young people from across the City who are aged Year 9 upwards to gain this award. Many of the adventure opportunities we offer at an earlier age help to stimulate the interest, drive and perseverance necessary for success.So if you’re interested in doing the various activities involved, meeting new people and trying new challenges then The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme is for you.
- Volunteering – helping someone, your community or the environment.
- Physical – becoming fitter through sport, dance or fitness activities.
- Skills – developing existing talents or trying something new.
- Expedition – planning, training for and completing an adventurous journey!
- Residential (Gold only) – staying and working away from home as part of a team.
Residentials are now available on our Narrowboat Project which is a Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Approved Activity Provider.
So whether you want to join The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award programme and achieve an Award or support us in our work or for more information on our Narrowboat DofE Gold Residentials please contact The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Officer
Contact The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award @ SOLAR
Contact Helena Cresswell
Phone:0115 947 6202 Ext 250