This is a new workshop and resource designed in line with the new curriculum. This workshop will introduce teachers/ teaching assistants to the ThisSchoolCAN Key Stage 2 resource, designed to provide support for the delivery of games within the curriculum. The workshop is delivered practically, to allow candidates to see how the resource works in action.
The workshop and resource can help schools to review the way PE is taught and covers:
- Warm ups
- Skill builders and development
- Differentiation Strategies
- Assessment Ideas
- Cross Curricular Ideas
- Lesson Plan Templates/ Menu Cards
- Units of Work: Tennis, Volleyball, Netball, Rugby, Basketball, Football, Rounders, Cricket
- Sport Specific Rules & Officiating
By the end of the workshop delegates will:
- be better equipped to deliver Games in line with the PE curriculum
- have an overview of the ThisSchoolCAN KS2 Games resource and understand how they can use it as a planning and delivery tool for Games
- have an understanding of how to differentiate using the STEP process
An element of the course will be practical, so please dress appropriately
Limited Parking outside Lee Westwood Sports Centre (Please supply vehicle registration in notes box at checkout).