By visiting https://www.character-uk.org/mychallengeinfo/, https://www.character-uk.org/mychallenge/webapp/ or downloading the My Challenge App you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by https://www.character-uk.org/mychallenge/webapp/ is controlled by SOLAR, Nottingham City Council Loxley House, Station St, Nottingham NG2 3NG
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or App. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses https://www.character-uk.org/mychallenge/webapp/
Information about our customers is important to us and we will not sell it to others.
- Protection of https://www.character-uk.org/mychallenge/webapp/: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How Secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features
- The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
Conditions of Use, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.