- PSHE is a planned programme of learning through which children and young people acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to manage their lives.
- As part of a whole school approach, PSHE develops the qualities and attributes pupils need to thrive as individuals, family members and members of society.
- PSHE contributes to personal development by helping children and young people to build their personal identities, confidence and self-esteem, make career choices and understand what influences their decisions, including financial ones.
- PSHE develops self-understanding, empathy and the ability to work with others will help young people to enjoy healthy and productive relationships in all aspects of their lives.
What we offer
- Our multi-skilled team of PSHE Specialists provide support, training and resources for the effective delivery of PSHE across all phases and types of education helping you to address a range of topics:
- Drugs and Alcohol, NPS Education, Smoking, E-Cigarettes and Shisha
- Online safety and conduct
- Healthy Lifestyles (Healthy Eating and Physical Wellbeing, Oral Health)
- Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing (including tackling bullying)
- Social and Emotional Skills
- Sex and Relationships (including trans and homophobia).
Training programmes • CPD opportunities • Bespoke training for schools, management and teachers • Venue of your choice • Wide range of topics
- Engaging with young people for consultation
- Setting up a School Council
- Data collection and Needs Assessment
- Planning and evidencing curriculum
- Teaching and Learning
- Sensitive Issues
- Working with Vulnerable Young People
- FGM (female genital mutilation)
- National PSHE CPD Programme
Contact PSHE Advisory team @ SOLAR
Phone:0115 947 6202